A Family Science Night is an evening program of science activities in which students and their parents can work together on simple, age-appropriate, inquiry-based science activities. The program uses readily available, low-cost materials.
Why Family Science Nights?
- Brings scientific learning to family unit.
- Encourages doing science at home with everyday materials.
- Sparks children’s scientific interest.
- Stimulates parents’ interest in science and their child’s science education (research shows a direct link between parental attitudes and student achievement).
- Builds connections between classroom science and the real world.
- Provides an excellent opportunity for intellectual interaction with parents and children.
- Increases parents’ scientific interest and knowledge.